MAASE Announcement MAASE News & Notes

  • From: Tony Thaxton <anthonythaxton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Listserv <maase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 08:08:51 -0700

Dear MAASE Members,

Isn?t summer grand!  I hope everyone is finding time to unwind and/or ?get
away? for a few days.  In case you're checking your email - here are some
reminders and news items:

Don?t forget to register for Summer Institute 2008 ?Lead to Succeed!?  It looks
like we?ll reach our projection of 400 participants (2007 = 385).  Also, if you
haven?t made lodging arrangements and find that Crystal Mountain is full, you
can check online at <http://www.visitbenzie.com/> (click on ?Lodging -
Motels/Hotels?).

Already registered for Summer Institute?  Don?t forget to sign-up for the
Annual MAASE ?Deviation Open? Golf Outing.  The Golf Outing is listed on the
home page of the MAASE website under ?Upcoming Events? where you can download a
combined flyer and registration form.

The handout from the June General Membership Meeting update by Vince Dean of
the MDE Office of Educational Assessment and Accountability (OEAA) is available
in the download section of the MAASE website.

Again we have several new & unique positions posted on the MAASE website.
Check-em out!

I recently found out that Jay Crane, long-time MAASE member and Director for
Bay City Public Schools, will be retiring this August after 24 years as a
special education administrator and 10 years in Bay City.  Congratulations Jay!

James Mishler, Director at Mecosta-Osceola ISD has also announced his
retirement as of noon on June 24, 2008.  Lynette Suchner will be his
replacement and she can be reached at lsuchner@xxxxxxxxxx   Congratulations to
both Jim and Lynette!

Summer is a great time to make your reservations at the Sheraton for the
2008-09        School Year!  Get the dates from the Calendar (?Activity Dates?)
on the MAASE website.  You can reach the Sheraton at 517-323-7100.

See you at Crystal everyone!  It's gonna be a great!!

- Tony

Tony Thaxton
Executive Director
Michigan Association of Administrators of Special Education
4769 Crestridge Court
Holland, Mi 49423
616-283-0597
anthonythaxton@xxxxxxx

You have received this message as a member of the MAASE Announcement List.
If you would no longer like to receive these announcements, please send your
request to:
anthonythaxton@xxxxxxx