Re: Creating a statically linked executable for a LuaJIT+C program

  • From: Jay Carlson <nop@xxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 02:53:57 +0000

On Oct 28, 2012 11:41 AM, "John Spencer" <maillist-luajit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

[Claims about static linking musl-libc]

> *if* glibc follows the POSIX/C specs, they will behave identically.

POSIX standardizes what "static linking" means, and how get*ent are
implemented? [citation needed]

> this sounds like A Bad Idea. if you dynamically link one component, you
can as well just dynamically link everything, because you'll lose the
advantages of static linking.

...which are?

Tangentially, it looks like glibc 2.2 is from 2000, 2.4 from 2006. It's
really weird to have Linux be so old; I found my 0.12 boot/root floppies
recently.  They'll be old enough to drink legally in the US in four months.