Re: [ANN] LuaJIT-2.0.0-beta11

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1210@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:16:23 +0200

Mike Pall wrote:
> rostislav.sacek@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I am working with luajit on Android MIPS devices.
>
> Umm, does this device have a hardware FPU? Because the MIPS port
> of LuaJIT requires a hardware FPU. It's a single-number mode port
> and kernel FPU emulation is slooooow.

Ok, just found out that the Android 'mips' ABI implies the device
has MIPS32R1 _with_ a hardware FPU. Ought to work.

The updated build instructions are online now:
  http://luajit.org/install.html#android

BTW#1: You don't need TARGET=... anymore with the new build system.

BTW#2: Fix for correctly building Android/x86 is in git HEAD.

While I'm at it ... did anybody notice the web pages are now
somewhat more friendly to touch devices with small screens? :-)