Re: The dreaded newbie questions...

  • From: mchalkley@xxxxxxxx
  • To: Janis Britals <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 08:46:09 -0400

Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 4:13:02 AM, you wrote:

>> I've never tried to use LuaJIT before, but I just downloaded
>> the latest beta of luajit and built it with no problems on
>> Windows 7 64-bit, using Mingw32.
>> When I try to run my script using luajit, I just get the
>> Windows dialog box that says luajit.exe has stopped working.

> MinGW/x64 is not a supported platform (check compatibility matrix in
> http://luajit.org/install.html), so you either have to use MinGW/x86
> (32-bit) or compile with MSVC on x64.

Thanks to everyone for the respones (including some directly to me).

I re-built luajit using msvc under both x86 and x64.  The x86 version
does the exact same thing:  just a dialog box saying luajit.exe has
stopped working.  The x64 version gives me the following error:

luajit: error loading module 'lfs' from file '.\lfs.dll':
        %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

stack traceback:
        [C]: at 0x07feec9658c0
        [C]: in function 'require'
        sysagent.lua:49: in main chunk
        [C]: at 0x013f1024e0

So, I'm guessing that the issue now is that I'm calling a 32-bit dll
from a 64-bit exe.  Am I barking up the wrong tree here?  Does anyone
have any more ideas?

Thanks very much for the help,

Mark