Re: [ANN] LuaJIT-2.0.0-beta11

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1210@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 17:15:49 +0200

Adam Strzelecki wrote:
> > The error message itself is ok, but how did you manage to get a
> > PANIC and not a regular error? I can't reproduce that.
>
> local ffi = require 'ffi'
> ffi.cdef [[
> enum {
>   ENUM1 = 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFull,
>   ENUM2 = 0L,
> };
> ]]
> print(type(ffi.C.ENUM1) .. ' = ' .. ffi.C.ENUM1)

Ok, so getting back to that: I cannot reproduce the PANIC. The
script should output a regular error message plus backtrace!

So either something went wrong when you compiled LuaJIT (do you
run this from the command line program?) or maybe there's an
incompatibility with the toolchain.

Can you make sure to recompile everything and try again? In case
this still fails with unpatched beta11, built with default options,
then please give me details about the compiler, library version
and OS. Thank you!