[louisianaleps] Hayhurst's Scallopwing

  • From: Dave Patton <davepatton122@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LA Leps <louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Charles Lyon <lyon5516@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marks, Craig" <cwmaplc@xxxxxxx>, Marty Floyd <progne99@xxxxxxx>, "Muth, David" <MuthD@xxxxxxx>, Phillip Wallace <PhillipWallace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Seidler, Rosemary" <rseidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Terry Davis <trdavis22@xxxxxxxxx>, "Trahan, Jeff" <jftrahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "B.Myers" <budogmacm@xxxxxxxxx>, 1001zoiseaux <zoiseaux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Patton, Kyle" <pattonster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:18:20 -0500

I missed them on the Indian Bayou BF count this summer, but returned to the
site today. Craig Marks and Rosemary Seidler told me of finding them north
of I-10 from the Butte LaRose Exit a previos year for the count.
I took a chance today as I was retuning from Baton Rouge and had good luck.
I counted 9 as I walked the atv trail leading from the parking lot in
Indian Bayou a few miles north of I-10. Most look fairly fresh, but a
couple were worn.

Dave Patton
Lafayette