[lit-ideas] Re: why women & Pinterest?

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 11:04:55 -0500

When you set up a board, you can make your own categories -- say,
gardening, auto mechanics, comfy recliners, awesome remotes, and favorite
magazines.  (A guy isn't interested in the category "kids"?  Only Mommies
out there?)  Sure, most of the board categories I see cater to women but
that's because most posters are women who set the categories to something
they and other women are interested in.  So I'm back to why this type of
media organization doesn't seem to grab hold of guys' imagination.  (I have
one board labeled "Politics" -- stuff from it gets repinned frequently.)

Julie Krueger

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx