[lit-ideas] Re: why women & Pinterest?

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 13:16:43 -0700

Lawrence wrote

    I looked through some of Pinterest’s “Pins” and found some items
    for men, but women need to buy gifts for men from time to time.  I
    can’t a typical man going to this location to buy something for
    himself.

    You might say argue that men could pin anything they wanted, but a
    typical man might see this as an intrusion.  Can you see men
    wanting to pin auto-parts, fishing-boats, rods, reels, guns, &
    knives on Pinterest?

I think the strongest reason that I have no interest in Pinterest is that I have no idea what it does (or is). I know Julie posted something about it some days ago, but I didn't investigate it at the time. Well, maybe that isn't really the strongest reason; that would be that I have enough stuff, and, should I need more, I turn to Hall Brothers, Farlows of Pall Mall, the Mutton College CoOp, and Goodwill Industries.

Even Lawrence is farther along than I: he knows what it is to pin something.

Robert Paul,
trying to keep it simple