[lit-ideas] Re: voting

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:42:04 EDT

In a message dated 10/19/2004 11:56:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
A low  voter turnout is best for Republicans,
since they are in the  minority.

Hi,
We think that is why they (i.e. the Sport Team owners) are trying, this
time, to be quiet in terms of the bi-state tax in the KC area.  This time  it
is
for about 3/4 to go to the sports teams (Chiefs and Royals) and 1/4 to go  to
'the arts'.  HUGE difference--and when you realize how long it has been  since
Kansas City has had a winning team (yet the Chiefs have the fourth largest
stadium and are always sold out) but are totally NOT into community service
(try
 being a library system and asking for some players to visit...whereas even
in  St. Louis the Rams are incredibly active in the community as a TEAM much
less  the players...<sigh>)   it is hard to believe that we taxpayers  have to
subsidize the Hunt family for this team ...

I love the 'arts' but I do not like subsidizing these sports teams which
don't even give back to the communities...especially when they are so mean
about
even saying 'no'.  (my person who has tried to get them to visit and  inspire
uor folk has been quite rudely treated...)

Ah, well.

Getting ready to go to a middle school/junior high football game to watch
Ben's bud play,
Marlena in Missouri

Wondering if they wll win...