[lit-ideas] Re: "p & p"

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:22:33 EDT

Donal McEvoy writes:

>had thought maybe it was an interesting question in philosophical  logic
>that was being broached re is it redundant or tautological or  something to
>propose 'X & X'. I should have known by the fact the  fella from Argentina
had
>posted nothing.

Previously, I shown that 'p -> p & p' _is_ a  tautology.

What's even more disconcering is that 'p <-> p & p' also is.  That is, for
formal logic, 'p' and 'p & p' are _logically equivalent_.  Wonder what
Wittgenstein or his local defender, R. Henninge, may say about  that!

       p <-> p  &   p
       1   1  1    1   1
       0   1   0   0   0

Cheers,