[lit-ideas] "The Diary of Michael Moore" (Was: Fahrenheit 9/11)

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:26:30 EDT

_http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/Today/2004/06/22/509074.html_
(http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/Today/2004/06/22/509074.html)

"Bradbury is demanding an apology for not being asked for permission to lift
the book title. He wants the film renamed, something that is not likely to
happen at this late stage.
"It has broken my heart," says Moore. "I've called to try and apologize and
work it out and he's just . . . oh, jeez, I don't know what to say."
Moore says he tried to explain to the 83-year-old writer that the film could
bring more young readers to his book. He says if he had called the film The
Diary of Michael Moore, surely people wouldn't confuse it with The Diary of
Anne  Frank.
"There's no confusion here, you know?""
Cheers,
JL