[lit-ideas] Re: lit-ideas Digest V1 #129

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:15:17 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2004 11:27:01 PM Central Standard Time,
JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx writes:
<<I'm not sure I want to be an American anymore.
I said that  three years ago.  I'm pretty sure I don't.  It's just  kinda
hard
logistically to get off this island.

Hi,
Not to worry.  That is what I've been thinking, lately.

I just read:  "To finance our binge buying overseas, we borrow $2  billion a
day from abroad."   Pretty soon, we'll all belong to someone  else anyway.
Well, our 'country's debt' anyway.  I'm still figuring  that one out.  How will
we pay if (or when?) it comes 'due'?

Wonder what we'll do then and how *that* will come to pass...any  ideas?
Are our kids prepared and will they know what to do in order  to buy some time
so they will be okay and it will be THEIR kids who have to  pay?  <wry look>
[did you like the choice of words <g>]

It's quite the thought, anyway.

Wondering which owners of our debt will be the first to collect-and in what
arena of life-and how,
Marlena in Missouri