[lit-ideas] Re: lit-ideas Digest V1 #129

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:25:37 +0000

"Feed the billionaire"

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/15/opinion/15herbert.html?oref=login&hp

Monday, November 15, 2004, 3:53:09 PM, JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

Jac> Since this country seems about as solvent as I am, I'm wondering......is
Jac> there any country that is not up to its eyebrows in debt?

Yep.  We have similar structural problems to yours, beginning when Thatcher
deindustrialized us. But we also have a Chancellor of the Exchequer who tells
people where to go, and so far we aren't too badly off.

But no-one's going to be stupid enough to refuse to lend you money :D

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx