[lit-ideas] Re: insomnia

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 04:41:51 -0700

Marlena,
Mowing a lawn isn't allowed unless you intend to let yourself fall in an
upside-down schedule, as I have throughout my life. Then you'll discover
that you get much more done at 3 am than at some dumb time like 9 am, when
your body wants to sleep. So in the interests of conformity to a schedule
that defies common sense in hot climates, refrain from all physical tasks
while insomnia has hold of you. That is, no closet cleaning, no cooking or
baking, no physical organizing, no cleaning up of any kind (absolutely no
scrubbing), no fixing, etc. You are mandated  to work on some worthy
intellectual activity that you've been procrastinating for at least five
years.
Begin.
Carol