[lit-ideas] Re: easy

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:01:36 -0700

On Oct 5, 2007, at 6:27 AM, Ursula Stange wrote:

If I didn't have a few smart students in the front of the class (to supply the missing words) I'd never get through a lecture.

Oh yes.

Oh yes.

And then sometimes you just don't know the word. A student came up to me this week, a fan, to reveal that one of last year's thesis students had been calling me "the R bomb." I thought that didn't sound at all good. She explained that "bomb" is a very good thing. My daughters confirm this.

The things I don't know!

David R Bomb
etc.