[lit-ideas] alcohol and parody

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:14:34 -0400

Found this old parody in 8-2004 archives...maybe I should let it molder there? nahhh...

Un-Art

The art of boozing isn't hard to master;
so many folk seem filled with the intent
to be drunk that the world seems plastered.

Drink vodka every day. Accept the bluster
of lost brain cells, the years badly spent.
The art of boozing isn't hard to master.

Then practice boozing farther, boozing faster:
places, names, and what it was you meant
to create. Nothing matters when you're plastered.

I drank posset mixed with gin. Threw up! my last, or
next-to-last, of three loved spouses went.
The art of boozing isn't hard to master.

I lost two jobs, cushy ones: the bastards,
some rings I owned, two jackets, a credit card.
I didn't miss them, I was plastered.

--Even boozing with you (the lurching walk, a clumsy
shove) I shan't have lied.  It's evident
the art of boozing's not too hard to master
though you cannot tell (or write!) when plastered.

-Eric "EB" Yost