[lit-ideas] Wright on!

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:54:19 -0600

Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

I had some eyeglasses. I was walking down the street when suddenly the
prescription ran out.

I have an answering machine in my car. It says, I'm home now. But leave a
message and I'll call when I'm out.

I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was
locking the front door. I said, 'Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours.' He
said, 'Yes, but not in a row.'

I went to a general store but they wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French
Toast during the Renaissance.

I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?

If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn
on the headlights, does anything happen?

In Vegas, I got into a long argument with the man at the roulette wheel over
what I considered to be an odd number.

It doesn't make a difference what temperature a room is, it's always room
temperature. [my second most favorite -- I tell my customers that when they
complain about their heat or AC  -- "My thermometer shows it at room
temperature, what do you want?"]

The other day I... uh, no, that wasn't me.

There was a power outage at a department store yesterday. Twenty people were
trapped on the escalators.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an
idiot.

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Sorry about all this, but you know how I am and you went and started it anyway,
Mike Geary
Memphis