[lit-ideas] White Phosphorus

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:35:49 EST

From  GlobalSecurity.org:

_Click  here: White Phosphorus (WP)_
(http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/wp.htm)

Someone know what "HE" and "HC" stand for?

And apparently I no longer comprehend English.  This statement is  beyond my
understanding:  "The use of white phosphorus or fuel air  explosives are not
prohibited or restricted by Protocol II of the Certain  Conventional Weapons
Convention (CCWC), the Convention on Prohibitions or  Restrictions on the Use
of
Certain Conventional Weapons which may be Deemed to  be Excessively Injurious
or to have Indiscriminate Effects."

Julie Krueger
wondering what counts as "excessively  injurious".