[lit-ideas] Re: Which Doctor's Excuse?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 11:44:28 -0400

>>Other than antibiotics for infectious bacteria, which are becoming increasingly less effective anyway, the body for the most part heals itself.

"Yep by cracky, them Injuns done shot me good with arrows. I'll just hole up for the winter and heal me a bit."

>>much of what doctors offer, or used to offer, is basically touch and a semblance of caring, coupled with placebo effect, which is what shamans offer.

"Ernesto's having his diabetes treated by Lowbar the Shaman, who travels to the spirit world, far beyond the Isles of Langerhans, to bring down his sugar level."

>>Nowadays American doctors offer unnecessary tests and lots of drugs which they prescribe on behalf of pharma.

"Old Doc Sawbones didn't follow the AMA Guidelines for treating Sarah, so she called 1-800-Ambulance Chaser. Now Sawbones' malpractice insurance is through the roof."