[lit-ideas] Re: Which Doctor's Excuse?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 17:26:09 -0400

>> Alexander the Great liked petunias. His nickname for Cleopatra in fact was my Little Porker Petunia..

Historians will note that Alexander the Great only referred to Zenobia of Palmyra as "My Little Petunia," and that Cleopatra (aka Elizabeth Taylor) was in fact the last of the ruling Ptolemies--the line of kings descended from Alexander's general Ptolemy. When Cleopatra was forced out of power by the Romans, she asked to COBRA her health insurance and was instead informed that she could kiss someone's asp. This is the kind of tragic history that supporters of Dis-ney, petunias, and Gandhi distort for their own ends. It's something to do, I suppose.