[lit-ideas] Re: Warning Signs

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:16:13 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/2005 9:08:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx writes:

I find  this ......  chilling.  The sign.

Hi,
Yes...

though the irony!

Given how Mexico's new stamp struck me as being kind of mean, in terms of
creating or perpetuating racial stereotypes...this statement (for me)
illustrated the definition of irony...(he was meeting with Mexico's president
discuss lots of things and commented on the proposed legislation.)

"I want to make sure that race doesn't get in the middle of it," Nunez  said.
"We cannot approach this from a standpoint of allowing hatred and racial
divisiveness to harm relations with our number one trading partner."

Marlena in Missouri