[lit-ideas] Re: Vote!

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:39:11 -0400

Paul Stone wrote:

"Wouldn't it be neat to have an election that DOESN'T have 4 years of leadup
to it?"

Not really.  Think of Jean Chretien (former Prime Minister of Canada) and
the manner in which he ruled with virtual impunity since he had no real
concern regarding being re-elected.  I would prefer that politicians always
be mindful of the fact that their positions need re-approval every few
years.

Regarding the character of that electioneering, it seems to me that people
get the politicians they deserve.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON