[lit-ideas] Re: "Violent": An exercise in paronymy

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:53:06 -0500

This is precisely why drunks are preferable to philosophers.  At Old
Zinnie's no one would question whether I meant aggression or violence,
there'd be no mention of amoebas or sexual dimorphism.  They might get
violent, but they wouldn't question my terminology.  Do men like violence?
"Hell, yes!" they'd say.  A good fight, a good Nascar accident,  Violence is
thrilling.  Bring it on, Baby."

Mike Geary
Memphis