[lit-ideas] Re: The Thing I Thought I Would Not Watch

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:37:58 -0700

On Apr 30, 2011, at 9:22 AM, cblists@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I boycotted all of the broadcasts; in spite of being a Middleton (on my
> father's mother's side 'both ways' - i.e., by blood and marriage), I did NOT
> receive a personal invitation to ANY of the festivities.
>
> Had it something to do with the 'Bruce'? Perhaps they thought me a Scottish
> separatist or something, and wanted to avoid any risk.

Fear not.  Had you been inwyted, you must with the family...in ze Goring
hotel...have been.  See wideo bei zis komputerpage
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13248441

Aberfeldy more fun should be, certainly.

Last night I watched highlights on the television.  Remember, the couple met at
St. Andrews, and yet no hint of bagpipes.  I think Chris' theory about the
Scottish connection deserves further investigation.  Does anyone know the
Donald's (note: not "the Donal's"...with a second d...) e mail address?  Yon
hairy man is currently having to forget (let go of) one conspiracy theory.  He
probably wants another.

David Ritchie,
Dun Examinin'
Portland, Oregon