[lit-ideas] Re: The Thing I Thought I Would Not Watch

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:04:41 +0100 (BST)

Thank you, David, for giving the Tara P:-T link.  My software's seriously
buggy, I can't always copy-paste.

I don't know -- pipes -- therbe isn't a direct connection, is there, as there
is with Wales? Oh St Andrews, yes, I forgot.

Judy Evans, Cardiff

From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: The Thing I Thought I Would Not Watch
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 29 April, 2011, 17:51

On Apr 29, 2011, at 9:40 AM, Judith Evans wrote:

The woman in the cobalt dress-hat-shoes? was Tara Palmer-Tompkinson,
"socialite" and reality-tv personage, whose father's a close friend of Prince
Charles.  I thought Posh was relatively restrained...

So that people know what's, what...what?  Here's the outfit:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8481489/Royal-wedding-fashion-hats-and-fascinators.html?image=10

Welsh gold ring, yes.  An English hymn: Jerusalem.  I have no idea whether
there were pipes.

I haven't run across any in the Beeb's highlights.  Surely it couldn't be that
the future monarch and spouse don't *like* them? Next thing we know Balmoral
will be sold off and replaced with an island somewhere warm.

David Ritchie,
Not the author of "Primer of Hygiene" (1911)