[lit-ideas] Re: The Rain it Raineth

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 15:28:16 -0700

Today we are inudated, with more stormy weather to come. May I recommend two brief diversions?

The first is an essay by Stephen Fry, which explains why Wodehouse is worth reading.

http://wodehouse.ru/fryart.htm

Another is from my lunchtime browsing of a discount book catalog. Glance, but do not linger, at (or on) the cover photo of "Katie' Brown's Outdoor Entertaining; Taking the Party Outside."

http://www.amazon.com/Katie-Browns-Outdoor-Entertaining-Outside/dp/ 0316113069

Here's a reference to help: http://onlineslangdictionary.com/ definition+of/melon

David Ritchie,
turning the male gaze from visual pun shine in
Portland, Oregon