[lit-ideas] Re: The Rain it Raineth/ Cruyff

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:15:35 -0700

On May 19, 2010, at 3:28 PM, David Ritchie wrote:

Today we are inudated, with more stormy weather to come. May I recommend two brief diversions?

In undated, I nun dated... whatever the word is for "desperately needing some out-of-work Jewish bloke to come transform water into something a bit more interesting."

BTW Donal seems to think that he can wind me up with idle chat about some cut-priced department store, Gemmill, Bluster and Bluff, PLC. When I was in France recently, they had a whole channel devoted to old games. They also had a channel devoted to contemporary games. Switching back and forth, I found clear evidence that contemporary players are faster, stronger, more agile. How short were Cruyff's shorts! And yet he brought poetry to the game. Those of us who care deeply about soccer (football) still buy our onions at the Stay on Your Feet You Stupid Sod, round the back, just ask for Bobby.

David Ritchie,