[lit-ideas] Re: The Great Coat Controversy

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:01:43 -0800

Because it's lunchtime here and because everyone nowadays likes to be kept
up-to-date and because we have been discussing who beats whom, allow me to
remind you, courtesy of extracts from the BBC website, that Nature generally
wins.  The true subject here, BTW, is a football game between Arsenal and
Swansea.  Proof that the U.S. and the U.K. do things differently?

Apparently it's -4 in north London but Arsene Wenger isn't even wearing a coat.
He's dicing with death.

Arsene Wenger has seen sense and reached for the puffer jacket. But that
dastardly zip is causing him all manner of problems again. He just can't get it
together. Bring back Pat Rice!

Callum C on Twitter: "Someone get that man a new coat!"

Arsene Wenger has STILL not zipped up that jacket. Allow me to introduce you to
the wonders of velcro Arsene. Or buttons. Or a nice duffel coat maybe?

Seriously though you'll catch your death.

Mike Simpson on Twitter: "Maybe Arsene hasn't had time to get a new coat
because he's been too busy talking to Theo Walcott about a new contract?"

SamEllard88 on Twitter: "Arsene Wenger has been trying to do up his jacket for
the last 10 minutes! Much more entertaining than the match itself!"

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon