[lit-ideas] Re: TUESDAY'S FORCAST

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 19:05:26 -0500

DMcE:
I trust everyone else received their copy...

I received my copy, but I've always considered myself privileged. Can't speak for the hoi polloi. Your comments about God were meaningless, of course, as all are. If God is God -- you see there now?! Do you see?? An immediate blasphemy! -- then God is inconceivable, unimaginable, beyond all approach, God is the Tao, the inexpressible, unknowable, unspeakable reality that sustains all being -- but to say that demeans God. God cannot be spoken of, thought of, contemplated, worshipped, loved, thanked, held in awe or anything else we humans are capable of doing, it is a horrid blasphemy to think "God", to want God, to hunger for God, to pray to God. If you ARE, then GOD is. And that's all you need to know. Either that or you're God. I take no position in such arguments.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donal McEvoy" <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>