[lit-ideas] Sunday Poems

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LIT-IDEAS" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:32:52 -0600

HOW MANY CARROTS IN A TURNIP OF CHRISTIANS?
Catholics, it's true,
believe in
Marian voodoo.
Unlike Protestants who
never know if their faith is true-
ly true
or just a pale imitation of
the God Above's
anticipation of
faith-based expectation of
Armaggedon.
The Jews refuse to choose.
The Muslims hide their women.
I go swimming.

The following three poems are in my new (30 years in the writing) masterpiece.
They are written by a  Mideveval Literature professor, a middle-aged ostensibly
mousy woman -- an Emily Dickinson sort --who, though not a central character,
advances the story with her poems.  Yes, it's all about sex.  I'd love to know
that someone was offended by any of these.  Thank you in advance.  P. S. You
might have seen some of these lines before if you were paying attention.

GOD AMONG MEN

             God stepped out of his Cadillac car,

              looked around,

              lit a big cigar,

              set a golden hat on his silver head,

              nodded.

              Men fell dead.

NEED TO BE NEEDED

  Such suckers are men,

  I don't mean to offend,

  but so easy to impress,

  forget best-dressed,

                                      any old breast will do.

                                     Hey, you,

                                     suck on this.

"To suckle fools and chronicle small beers."

Fate of the virtuous?  Ah, there's the fear.

Every swivel of swivey hips

every parting of the lips,

every letting's wetting,

relentless cry of the thighs,