[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday Poems

  • From: david ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:21:23 -0800

On Jan 22, 2006, at 10:58 AM, Lawrence Helm wrote:

Knowing that sometimes when one doesn’t get a response and is left to wonder what others thought . . . think . . .

This, of course, is the usual reaction when one writes poetry, so it has cheered me greatly that many of you have taken time to say what you think.

I propose a new plural, along the lines of a flock, a school, a herd etc.--a dream of intelligent readers.

Meanwhile, I have been playing nursemaid to newborn guppies; if you don't get them out of the aquarium quickly the mother, or one of the other fish, eats them.

Hooray for Nature, captured in a tank.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon