[lit-ideas] Re: Speranzisms

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:37:53 EST

Donal McEvoy, being rude, calls me 'sperm' (punning with my surname,
Sper-anza, and my initial J-ism) and writes:

>Try "Jisms". See what I mean.
>Actually haven't tried, but human  nature being what it is...

1842 Spirit of Times 29  Oct. 409/3

"At the drawgate Spicer tried it on again,
but his horse was knocked but  the gism and the
starch was effectively taken out of him by the long and
desperate struggles he had been obliged to maintain.

1899 B. W. GREEN Word-bk. Virginia Folk-Speech 85

Chism, chissum, seminal fluid. [odd, this is the origin of another surname,
"Chisholm"]

1937 J. WEIDMAN I can get it for you Wholesale! xxxii. 314

‘Step on it, will you?’
‘Sure...’
‘All right,..but put a little jism into it, will you?’

1942 C. MORLEY  Thorofare (1943) xxxvii. 137

One of the same fields that the Major said had  had the jizzum leached out of
it by tobacco.

1955  T. STERLING Evil of Day vii. 76

The man had more jisum than he'd counted on. [This must relate to the Oregon
accumulator of  Ritchie and Paul]

1959  W. BURROUGHS Naked Lunch 90

The Moslems must have blood and jissom... See, see where  Christ's blood
streams in the spermament.

1967  S. BECKETT Stories & Texts for Nothing 85

A week will be ample, a week in spring, that puts the jizz  in you.

1968 J. UPDIKE Couples iv. 311

Georgene would wash herself before and after. Said his jizz  ran down her
leg, too much of it.

1969 P. ROTH Portnoy's Complaint 132

You've got to..work round downtown Newark dripping gissum  down your
forehead.

1972  Screw 12 June 35/3 At last I  felt my gism rushing up like electricity
and I..felt the love bolt burst out of  my cock into her vacuum-sucking  mouth.