[lit-ideas] Re: Speranzisms

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:13:34 EST

>If you wanted you could call it 'Jisms'. Just a thought.

The idea is not bad, but not 'identificatory' enough. Mind, I'm looking for
fame. Yesterday night I was reading (really put me to sleep) Diogenes Laert
ius.  The original philosophers were really all very witty.

But obviously I won't find the cite now that I needed. It was something to
the effect,

        "Are you looking to have a good  name and fame in philosophy?"
        "No, I'm looking to philosophize  -- good name and fame come after"

Anyway, once L. Horn called my remarks, "Speranziana", and it's interesting
how out of surname ("Speranza") you get different formations.

More later, perhaps

JL

  Today's Speranzism: ""Mind your own business" was first used by the  Wife
of Bath."