[lit-ideas] Re: Show and tell

  • From: palma <palmaadriano@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 16:20:57 +0200

this also presume that wittgenstein was not only confused (granted
plus/minus the usual caveats) but a complete idiiot. consider the following
"challenge"

give me any X such that X is not presentable in language, step 2 at any
proposed X, the challenge is NOT met simply because X was expressed, in
German, in English, in English plus a diagram, in German plus on equation
etc.
hence you have not given me such an X, so there is one or more than one X
that is not expressible in language, this entails that since X exists by
prior stipulation, X is showable and unsayable.
for those who like stupid jokes Piero Sraffa tried to disabuse wittgenstein
from this imbecillic view by making a pure gesture (whose reading even to
the natives is vague and complicated, N. Malcolm describes it as brushing
one's fingertips at one's chin, which indicates somethign around disgust
and 'I don;'t care'  -- [can't be that sentence, for the reasons afore
mentioned]

wittgenstein, reacted by thinking deeply and moving to his 2nd, 2,5nd or
3rd phase which finally clarified (I have no idea of what was clarified,
other than what Kreisel told me, namely nothing was clarified by screaming
insults at Turing, perhaps it is not well know that Turing did listen to
many of wittgenstein's seminar in England

--
palma,  e TheKwini, KZN

 palma

cell phone is 0762362391