[lit-ideas] Re: Revisiting Judy's World

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 01:22:42 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Sun, 13/7/08, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Thus, while 'God damn it,' is profane,
> 'Fuck
> >> you,' is not
>
> > And if you're saying 'F--k you' to God?
>
> You're taking a risk Pascal wouldn't have taken.

Funny, but:
(a) the issue was profanity, [grammatically considered? (not the French
proclivity or otherwise toward risk-taking*)?].
(b) Having blanked out two crucial letters, I think that's a bet an adventurous
French man even might take [maybe the letters that exist are...]

Donal
(Yes, yes, I know I can't have it both ways [between (a) and (b])
*Not really taking on the Germans on the basis other countries will rescue you?
Is this: (a) a big risk?; (b) a brilliant gamble? Discuss. Link to French
foreign policy generally.
omg what have i started
to bed

> Robert Paul
> Memphis Tech
> vacation on/off,

Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at
Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html