[lit-ideas] Re: Repent-or-Fry Miniseries

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:39:22 EDT

I've seen enough adverts for this "hot nuns chase anti-Christ" to  absolutely
forbid my daughter, who thought it looked intriguing, from watching  it.
It's about as obscene as the talking Jesus, Mary and Moses poseable
Barbie-size
dolls.  I think it's as much piggy-backing on the Left Behind  series (don't
even get me started) and the DaVinci Code as anything,  though.  If the
Christian world would wake up, realize that the book of  Revelations is a
profoundly
Kabbalistic Jewish text, probably written by an  Essene, it would do worlds of
good for Christian theology.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Repent-or-Fry
Miniseries  Date: 4/14/05 2:04:10 A.M. Central Daylight Time  From:
_eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
courtesy of mediabistro.com

MUST-REPENT  TV (SALON)
Heather Havrilesky: Aimed at the Bible Belt and piggybacking on  Schiavo
and the pope, NBC's creepy, pandering  Revelations miniseries  paints
nuns as heroes and rationalists as the bad guys. WaPo: The least we  can
ask of the end of the world is that it be entertaining, writes Tom  Shales.
http://www.salon.com/ent/tv/review/2005/04/13/revelations/index_np.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A48351-2005Apr12.html