[lit-ideas] Re: Repent-or-Fry Miniseries

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:55:54 -0400

CK: set the story on  the Amalfi coast, and it's lattes all around for a
lifetime. Maybe even a large pre-war apartment with a doorman.

EY: I'll set the story on the scenic part of the Amalfi Coast, not near
any of the organized crime centers there near industrialized ports.
It'll involve a search for whatever John was eating on Patmos.

BTW, I used to live in a large pre-war apartment with a doorman, the
doorman on day-shift being an extremely tall, supercilious, florid-faced
gentleman who'd always ring me AFTER he had allowed whomever to come
gallumphing up the elevator to my castle-in-the-clouds with their vorple
blade to snicker-snack at me.

Now I live in a undoorpeopled, post-war apartment, with three locking
doors and a clear intercom system instead. Far fewer Chinese menus (or
illustrated Chick Tracts) slipped under the door that way.