[lit-ideas] Re: Religious Fascism

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 18:36:21 +0100

Interesting, especially coming from Phil.

Let's try another interesting article. This from Katherine Yurica on how the Dominionists succeeded in winning power. Note that the role of religion, including the fundamentalists, is secondary to those in control, but essential in terms of maintaining political power.

Note the four 'immoral' principles of the Dominionist movement:
1) Falsehoods are not only acceptable, they are a necessity. The corollary is: The masses will accept any lie if it is spoken with vigor, energy and dedication.

2) It is necessary to be cast under the cloak of "goodness" whereas all opponents and their ideas must be cast as "evil."

3) Complete destruction of every opponent must be accomplished through unrelenting personal attacks.

4) The creation of the appearance of overwhelming power and brutality is necessary in order to destroy the will of opponents to launch opposition of any kind.

http://www.yuricareport.com/Dominionism/TheSwiftAdvanceOfaPlannedCoup.htm

I realise that this is dated but it still seems relevent and I think it's about time the political agenda was regained for the left.

Simon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>