[lit-ideas] R-E-S-P-E-C-T

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 13:24:24 -0500

I've never had any complaints against this List (excepting, of course, those
complaints I've already voiced), but now I do have to complain.  I feel that
no one here respects my philosophical perspectives.  No one races to
challenge my propositions.  Why not?  Are they unassailable?  Or is it that
I can't quote chaper and verse?  Yes, it's true, I'm no scholar of the
ancients or the middlemen or the current crack pots, but I am a human
being!!!  I deserved to be heard.

How so?  you say.

How so?  God so.  My beloved grandfather John Sebastian Geary came from a
family of Irish draymen in Blairsville, PA. (well, yes, before that they
came from Ireland and before that they came from Africa and before that from
amoeba).  My beloved grandfather wearied of hauling other peoples "stuff"
(as George Carlin would say) and so took up plastering.  Just then the
hurricane of 1906 struck Galveston, TX, killing over six thousand people and
destroying lots and lots and lots of houses.  Being an astute
businessplasterer, my beloved grandfather John Sebastian Geary hie-di-hoed
himself to Galveston and started plastering.  There he met my grandmother.
They did the deed from whence is my history.  My father Emory Joseph Geary
swore that God killed all those poeple just to insure that he would be
brought into the world.  We respected him for that.  But later on in life I
wondered if he wasn't mistaken.  My father wasn't the goal, I was.  God
killed off six thousand for me.  Thank you, God.  Praise Baby Jesus.  I
think it's time you folk started showing me more respect.

Mike Geary
God's Special One
in Memphis