[lit-ideas] Please correct me if I'm wrong. Please.

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 02:22:19 -0500

So.  The Kurds are being hemmed in from the north, as insurgents blew up a
bridge which was a vital link to Baghdad, and the south, as Turkey is poised
on the border to attack the Kurds from the South (Gates is warning them
against doing so, so obviously everything's going to be all right).  Major
Iraq-type bombs are being found in Afghanistan for the first time.  Iran is
apparently continuing it's search for nuclear power, while Iranian type
weaponry is being used in Iraq.  And, not having enough groups to kill and
be killed by, there is now Sunni on Sunni fighting; as BBC says "rival Sunni
factions".  Somewhere in the midst of all of this Al Qaeda and all kinds of
Al Qaeda wannabes are running amok.  But we're safer now.  Right?  Do I have
all of this about right?  (I'm not going to get into the Somalia thing, or
the Lebanon thing; or the Israel thing, or Japan's nuclear aspirations;
there's only so much I can deal with at once.)  Condi wants a chance at
diplomacy and Cheney wants to take the whole lot out.  And Bush, most likely
in a hurry to get  everyone to ignore the Wars, is now championing a Green
plan.  Hooray.  When we all die, the earth will be a cleaner place for our
.....wait a minute....

I'm going to go read some trivial piece of fiction now.  My head hurts.

Julie Krueger