[lit-ideas] Re: Playing a large roll

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 11:10:02 +0100

On 25-Dec-08, at 2:37 AM, Veronica Caley wrote:

In the last two days or so we have had 10 inches of snow, then ice, then rain, and now one vast state of a skating rink since the rain froze. I hope relatives get here, since here is where Christmas dinner is. Assuming of course they don't get blown off the roads, since now we have high winds. Is it April yet? Didn't think so.

On 25-Dec-08, at 2:47 AM, David Ritchie wrote:

You're confused. April is National Poetry Month; this is National Frozen Pea (or possibly pee) Month.

And here in Kiel at 54º 19' 30" N (i.e., well north of Edmonton, Alberta) it is at 11 am 6º Celsius (43º Fahrenheit) - in the garden sprays of roses (only slightly wilted) hang on their bushes, mallow, bellflowers, fuchsia are still in bloom and the grass is green. Unlike the usual December slate-grey, the sky is actually bright, and we are forecast to see the sun tomorrow. Going out to do a little work in the garden on Christimas day (as opposed to flooding a rink that in my Winnipeg childhood every year replaced it) is indeed a novel thought ....

Chris Bruce,
hoping your travellers arrive safely,
and wishing all a festive Zusammensein (together-being),
whether corporeal or psychic,
in Kiel, Germany