[lit-ideas] Re: One Plus One equals Russia

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 12:31:24 -0400

Clinton bombed OBL in Afghanistan.  Missed him by 15 minutes and was
accused of distracting attention from Monica.  Richard Clarke said Bush
stopped shaking the trees.  I sometimes think if all these people who so
clamor for war went out and found a punching bag and punched it hard for 15
minutes, they'd suddenly stop clamoring for war and start doing what it
takes to effectively protect the country. But that's not going to happen.
For Paul, can you suggest what the world would look like if everyone
preemptively struck at those they think will hurt them?