[lit-ideas] Re: No shock that report Einstein "may have been wrong" may have been wrong

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 17:36:43 -0230

If we find that there really is stuff that runs faster than the speed of light,
is this discovery simply a new empirical fact about the universe we can add to
the other ones, or does it constitute a "paradigm shift" in Kuhn's terms? And
if the latter, what precisely is it that makes this empirical finding so
fundamental?

Walter O
MUN

accepted:-http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/sep/23/physicists-speed-light-violated?intcmp=239