[lit-ideas] Re: (No References: <8659f5a00804251733t5680f057j1eb722a0b748ef56@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:06:45 -0400

John: Is it just that we live in what linguist
Deborah Tannen has labeled an argument culture,
exacerbated by litigious or violent conflict
models in mass entertainment and a 24-hour news
machine that depends on confrontation, instead of
agreement, for news?

Mike: Wow!  Just finished listening to Jeremiah
Wright on Bill Moyers' Journal.  Forget Obamba,
I'm voting for Jeremiah.  The man is Jesus.

Yes, if Jesus were a loudmouthed, racist,
self-promoting, ignorant hypocrite who deserves as
much airtime and respect as the head of the
American Nazi Party. And, in the spirit of Julie's comment, remember what happened to Jeremiah ... he was taken against his will to Egypt and died there. If only ...

Aggravating the argument culture,
Eric