[lit-ideas] Lost in translation?

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judith.evans001@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:40:23 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Judith Evans" <judith.evans001@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 3:18 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: [lit-ideas]

>I thought only Catholics knew about the Stations of the Cross

we Protestants see them on TV at Easter. That is, we did; these days Easter is a time for DIY
and shopping.  (They do though sometimes show Ben Hur.)

Ah, I miss being a Catholic. Agnosticism needs rituals, is in bad need of ritual.

(Roman Catholic) rituals and amazing blue-ceilinged cathedrals, with cardinals and papal nuncios around, and the Easter Blessing... censer swinging, yes. Great stuff.

Judy Evans, Cardiff