[lit-ideas] Re: More on Bigoted Muslim Cab Drivers

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 14:34:22 -0800

The concept of tolerance permits us to practice any sort of belief we like
as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of anyone else.  When a
Buddhist immigrates into the U.S., he is not going to have a problem with
this concept.  But a Fundamentalist Muslim will.  He is going to immigrate
knowing full well that he is going to violate the concept of toleration.  He
is going to infringe on the rights of others and he knows it.

Bear in mind that we are talking about "Fundamentalist" Muslims.  My
nephew's fiancé is a Cambodian Muslim, but she is not a Fundamentalist.  She
has a little Shiba Inu named Hiru that she loves dearly.

Lawrence