[lit-ideas] Re: Morc Huck Pump

  • From: palma@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:28:27 -0400 (EDT)

au contraire, mon ami. I like more and more exactly what I liked when I
was young.
the most recent, if you cultivate teutonic writing is herr doktor G.
Benn (of whom there are quasi decent translation in English.)
I can only suggest you see his (benn's) review of Rilke....

machts gut

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008, Eric Yost wrote:

>  >>really, I am honestly curious, do you like Rilke?
>

> Certainly when I was in my early twenties: The Duino Elegies and the
> Sonnets to Orpheus. Lines like, "be ahead of all partings as though they
> had already occurred" (Sonnets) can be very important for young people.
>
> As for you, my friend Palma, do you despise the things you enjoyed in
> your youth merely because you have outgrown them?
>

> Eric

off address: #201 West Building, Philosophy, Duke University
box 90743, Durham, NC 27708
home ph#: [1] 9196881856
cellph#: [1[] 9195997065 (voicemail is available on said numbers)
email palma@xxxxxxxx