[lit-ideas] Re: Morc Huck Pump

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 16:28:50 -0330

Quoting Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>:

snip

> Forgive me for temporarily hijacking a thread, but I am unable to
> separate moral and artistic considerations. Both seem to imply the
> totality of one's being, so I tend to make the leap between the
> verifiability of philosophical maxims and their exemplification in the
> narrative structure of aesthetic works.

Could you unpack a bit this small leap for man? (Maxims aren't verified, in
terms of moral assessment. They are assessed for 4 features of moral
impermissibility identified by Kant's moral theory.)

Towards the end of his life, Kant too thought he sighted a connection between
morality and aesthetics. It may well have been that idea, that final straw,
that ultimately led to his final expiration.

Walter O.
MUN