[lit-ideas] Re: Mike's truck

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:12:40 -0700

Not long ago all lit-id was agog over Mike's truck. Inquiring minds were asking whether he would buy a truck or go whole hog and get a Truuuuuuuuuuck, with giant wheels and flappy silver naked ladies on the mudguards. And what have we heard since? Nada, nuttin, not a jot.

What brought this absence of info to mind was reading the packaging on a toy truck which had been offered in a silent auction at last weekend's highland games at Kelso/Longview. I jotted down the description, so I can report it went exactly as follows:

Famous car super truck set. Most new Catera. You have never seen or controlled such an attractive truck. This truck not only has the sports performance to which other follows are not permitted but also has a dynamic potential. It is exactly all ultimate city truck.

If he hasn't found an answer yet, I can for sure see Geary fixing air conditioning and so on in such a vehicle.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon