[lit-ideas] Re: Lip slip

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:22:17 -0500

And, the rest of us?  I think Julie was the one with the most  courage.
Sounds like the rest were either living in denial, running away
(because of feeling powerless? hm...) or not able to handle the emotions
that  hearing our Pres speak evokes

_____

Was on an eighty-block walk up Fifth Avenue during the speech and only
learned about it after I got home and checked my E-mail. Didn't even
realize the State of the Onion was being performed that night.

In my opinion, ignoring the government can go either way--as denial or
as a healthy reaction to times of mass philistinism and corruption.
Depends on the particulars.

Caring too much about the louse in the house is also a way to be
controlled. Ahab is in cahoots with the White Whale to create a
destructive obsession.

In denial,
Not-self